Chemo round #4 went well. I wasn't sick and didn't have the heartburn issue I had the time before. I am 1/3 of the way through treatments although at times I feel like this will never end. Just last night Mike came home from work and I told him I was fragile and then I had a little meltdown. He did his best to comfort me and just give me a little extra love. I am always on the go and so not feeling well is getting old and I hate feeling this way. At the doctor's office they have pins that say "Cancer Sucks!!" I feel like that most days. I know that I have to go through this and that I will get through it but some days it just seems like too much to deal with. At least I'm starting to feel better and I'll have a good week before it starts again. My sister Alison is coming for the next treatment since Mike will be on a business trip. It will be great to have her here even if we will just be hanging around at home.
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Moms are the BEST!!
My mom left on Sunday and it just hasn't been the same around here. She took care of everything while she was here. She cooked, cleaned, did laundry and just took great care of me. I wish we lived closer together. Mike was able to go on a backpack trip which he enjoyed even if he did come home with monster blisters. Here's a picture from his trip.

Chemo round #4 went well. I wasn't sick and didn't have the heartburn issue I had the time before. I am 1/3 of the way through treatments although at times I feel like this will never end. Just last night Mike came home from work and I told him I was fragile and then I had a little meltdown. He did his best to comfort me and just give me a little extra love. I am always on the go and so not feeling well is getting old and I hate feeling this way. At the doctor's office they have pins that say "Cancer Sucks!!" I feel like that most days. I know that I have to go through this and that I will get through it but some days it just seems like too much to deal with. At least I'm starting to feel better and I'll have a good week before it starts again. My sister Alison is coming for the next treatment since Mike will be on a business trip. It will be great to have her here even if we will just be hanging around at home.
Chemo round #4 went well. I wasn't sick and didn't have the heartburn issue I had the time before. I am 1/3 of the way through treatments although at times I feel like this will never end. Just last night Mike came home from work and I told him I was fragile and then I had a little meltdown. He did his best to comfort me and just give me a little extra love. I am always on the go and so not feeling well is getting old and I hate feeling this way. At the doctor's office they have pins that say "Cancer Sucks!!" I feel like that most days. I know that I have to go through this and that I will get through it but some days it just seems like too much to deal with. At least I'm starting to feel better and I'll have a good week before it starts again. My sister Alison is coming for the next treatment since Mike will be on a business trip. It will be great to have her here even if we will just be hanging around at home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Moms are the BEST! So glad you are doing better physically but the emotional/mental part is probably harder. It's great you have your family to be with you! Husbands are great...but there is something special about moms and sisters! I think about you everyday and keep you in my thoughts and prayers!
Hugs,
Colleen
Post a Comment