Thursday, July 9, 2009

Cabin fun

The trip to the cabin was a lot of fun. Lots of chaos but a lot of fun. Mike was a little overwhelmed the first day but finally gave in and had a good time. He just doesn't understand how I can love a place that has no electricity, propane lights, and is in the middle of nowhere. Here is the humble abode. As Mike describes, it is a place somewhere between camping and a hotel.
My dad was building a hay shed and so Mike helped him a lot. Mike loves to build and spent the better part of 2 days helping him with the roof.
Here are the 3 one-year olds: Lily...notice one shoe off and one shoe on. Such a cutie and very intense. She giggles like a Teletubbie...so cute.
Matthew - He is Mr. Mellow. He is not walking yet and so the cabin is kind of hard because there is dirt everywhere. He spent lots of time at the lake in the saucer just watching all the other kids.
Megan- sweet sweet girl. She loves to give hugs...especially to Lily. She is very mobile and always on the go.
We had fun times at the lake. Luckily the weater was hot so we could go each afternoon and cool off. Here is cute Ben awake....
and asleep after a ride in the kayak....I love this picture.
Jared brought this fun kayak for us to tool around on the lake. The cargo hold in the back was perfect place for kids to sit. It goes pretty fast.
The kids spent lots of time catching polliwogs and practicing their swimming skills.
What a big group we have become.
Emily, Jordan, & Johnny came for one night and it was so fun to see them. I sure miss having them in Utah. Johnny is growing up way too fast and loves to throw things. Maybe he'll have a baseball career.
Mike let me go on a horseback ride. I had not been on a ride since my knee accident 2 years ago. It was so good to ride again although I would have much more preferred a bareback pad since it hurt my knee to have my leg in the stirrup. Maybe next time....:)
Mike went on a hike with Jason up to Goat's Peak. What an incredible view of Mt. Rainier.
All in all it was a fun trip even with all the chaos. With 13 kids under the age of 9 running around it gets crazy but is so worth it. We are going back with just the adults for a couple days in September for my "Make a Wish". There won't be any kids and so we'll get to play lots of games and just remember the good old times and all the fun memories.
Thanks everyone for being there. Love you everybody!!

3 comments:

Jason and Kristi Ann said...

We love you, Marianne and Mike! Our thoughts and prayers are with you as you start your new chemo treatments this week. Hope all goes well!

Emily said...

I'm so glad you made the long drive and came. It was so good being with you. Hope all goes well this week. Love you!

emilybolles said...

I wish we could have stayed longer but I was just on the brink of getting really sick. I'm glad you had a great time at the cabin and we wish you well this week! I am excited for the kid-less cabin trip too! Something for us all to look forward to:0)